They introduced the MacBook Pro with a Core i7 processor with 8 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (PC3-12800) and 750 GB of hard drive space. This device includes the Thunderbolt standard port that supports 10 Gbps of bandwidth in both directions and is also used by peripherals to support resolutions as high as 2560×1600 and audio signal.
Screen Size and Resolution
This MacBook Pro is a 15.4” screen version with a widescreen TFT active-matrix and a 1440×900 resolution. The screen is also LED-backlit.
The MacBook Pro comes with a 750 GB of 6 Gb/s Serial ATA (5400 RPM) hard disk drive.
The MacBook Pro includes the following features and ports:
- An 8X DL “SuperDrive”
- AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) which allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- A Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR allowing for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- A FireWire 800 port
- A Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- Two USB 2.0 Ports are supplied for the connection of external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- An Optical digital audio in/out for connecting some external audio equipment like headphones and microphones
- A Thunderbolt standard port that is backward compatible with a Mini DisplayPort and can support an audio signal and a 2560×1600 resolution
- An SDXC Card Slot
- No button glass multi-touch trackpad with support for new “four finger” gestures and programmable zones
- Face Time HD webcam
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
This MacBook Pro comes with a pre-installed MacOS X 10.7.3 (11D2097), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 3720QM (Sandy Bridge) processor and dual graphics processors – a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory and an “integrated” Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor.
Memory & Architecture
Your applications installed on the MacBook Pro are also guaranteed to run faster with a 6 MB shared level 3 cache plus a 5 GT/s frontside bus with 8 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (PC3-12800) for its RAM. All of this is centered around a 64-Bit architecture.
The MacBook Pro comes with a 77.5-watt-hour lithium polymer battery that provides 7 hours of wireless web use.